CWC's mission is teaching children to glorify God and serve in His world.
CWC Core Values
Beacuse Christ Is Central, We...
Choose Joy (Psalm 126:3)
- By embracing the positive
- Through sharing a smile and encouragement
- In expressing gratitude
Care For Others (John 13:34-35)
- By loving as family
- Through serving our community
- In putting others first
Speak The Truth In Love (Ephesians 4:15)
- By holding each other accountable
- Through giving and receiving honest feedback
- In displaying integrity in all we do
Strive To Grow (2 Peter 3:18)
- By seeking relentless trasformation
- Through pursuing educational excellence
- In cultivating our passion for Christ
School Choice Quick Facts
- In September 2013, there were 25 private schools participating in the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program, with a total enrollment of 512 students or 499.9 full-time equivalent (FTE) in the program.
- CWC's participation in the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program began with the 2015-16 school year.
- The Wisconsin Parental Choice program is fully funded from state general purpose revenue.
- CWC currently does, but is not required, to offer transportation or free and reduced lunch prices.
- Students who participate in the Choice program can opt out of faith-based instruction and activities. The experiences of other schools indicate that such situations are extremely rare and go against many of the reasons that parents would have for selecting CWC the school of their choice for their children.
- All student and parents, regardless of their tuition support level, are required to read and sign the student handbook. Any student who does not adhere to the handbook and its disciplinary expectations for attending CWC will be subject to remedial and disciplinary action.
- Should a family not qualify or receive a Choice voucher, CWC remains committed to providing assistance to families that desire a Christ-centered education for their children.
Click here for an FAQ page about CWC & the Wisconsin School Choice program.
Who is eligible to receive a private school voucher?
Families interested in applying for a private school voucher may qualify at certain income levels. The following scale will help you determine if your family qualifies. For the 2021-22 school year, the family income of a student applying to the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program must be at or below the amount listed in the table below. If a student is continuing in the program or was on the Department of Public Instruction's choice waiting list in the prior year, he or she is no longer required to meet the income limits. Family income includes the income of the child's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) that reside it the same household as the student applicant. If the child's parents/legal guardians are married their income is reduced by $7000 when determining income eligibility for the program. Family size includes parents/legal guardians and their children by birth, marriage or adoption that reside in the same household as the student applicant.
220% of the Federal Poverty Level for 2021-22
|Family Size||Max. Yearly Income (One Parent Home)||Max. Yearly Income (Two Parent Home)|
For each additional member add $9,856
*As determined by Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on the federal income tax return for the prior calendar year (2020 for the 2021-22 school year).
When do I apply for the School Choice voucher?
The next application period will be from Feb 1, 2021 to April 15, 2021. Visit the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction website for more information.
- If you have received financial aid for the 2020-21 year, you may still qualify for a private school voucher.
- Families apply by filling out and submitting an application online.
- Students will be chosen using a random lottery selection administered by DPI.
- Families may need to provide documentation on their family income to CWC during the application period.
Acceptable verification includes:
- Other forms of income documentation, W-2 1099, etc.
- Copy of their 2020 tax form 1040 or
- Using the Department of Revenue system to verify the online application
Families will need to provide proof of residency to CWC during the application period (no exceptions or extensions)
Acceptable documentation includes:
- Current copy of electric/water bill
- W-2 or
- Current property tax bill