Rooted in Faith
Our History
For generations, Central Wisconsin Christian has partnered with families to prepare students to glorify God and serve faithfully in His world.
Rooted in Faith
For generations, Central Wisconsin Christian has partnered with families to prepare students to glorify God and serve faithfully in His world.
For more than seventy-five years, CWC has been a place where faith and learning grow together. Founded by families and church leaders who believed children should be educated through a biblical worldview, the school began with a simple vision and a deep trust in God’s provision.
From its earliest classrooms to the community we know today, each generation has helped build upon that foundation with prayer, service, and a commitment to Christ-centered education.
_1770667740.png)
Late 1920’s - The Vision Begins
The Men’s Society of First Christian Reformed Church began a movement to bring Christian education to Waupun. With the Great Depression looming and concerns over the cost rising, the movement nearly died out. But a spark of faith remained.
1939 - The Mission is Organized
Rev. Conrad Veenstra of First Christian Reformed Church reorganized a society of parents “for the advancement of Christian instruction.” The committee drew up a constitution stating: “The Society is to provide Christian instruction for covenant children and youth of the community. The basis of instruction is the Word of God, interpreted according to the confessional standards of Reformed churches.”

Early 1940’s - Summer School Begins
The Society for Christian Education forged ahead. They began holding summer school sessions for half days for six weeks each summer, held in the old Lincoln School. The goal? To demonstrate Christ-centered education and establish a need in the Waupun community.

1945-1947 - A Plan Takes Shape
In early 1945, the Board bought land on McKinley Street and began to draw up plans for a three-room school.

1948 - Ground is Broken
After years of persistence, faith and planning, the Society breaks ground for its first school building. A group of Dutch immigrants used shovels and a plow to dig the original foundation. Today, third and fourth generation grandchildren of the men who dug our school’s foundation currently attend CWC.

1949 - Waupun Christian Grade School Opens
In September 1949, 104 students enrolled - exceeding expectations of the Board. Two years later, an additional three classrooms were added to support enrollment.
1957 - High School Begins
Under the leadership of Rev. John Byker and Rev. Harvey Baas, a Society for the Promotion of a Christian High School was formed. The first freshman class meets in one room of the Grade School. Classes later moved to the basement of First Christian Reformed Church while a high school building was constructed.

1958 - A High School Is Dedicated
Waupun and Randolph Christian Schools came together to build a Christian High School on Fox Lake Road. The land our school sits on today was given as a gift to the society for this purpose. As the school grew, additional classrooms, a kitchen and a gymnasium were added.

1971 - Facilities Expand
A major addition completed in 1971 included an industrial arts wing, strengthening hands-on learning opportunities for students.
_1785425520.png)
1997 - One Organization Is Formed
Central Wisconsin Christian High School and Waupun Christian School societies vote to merge into one organization. The merger marked the birth of a new building project - a 12 room addition to the original high school building. Grades 6-8 moved from the McKinley Street campus to the Fox Lake Road campus to ease overcrowding of the elementary building.

2009 - A New Vision Takes Shape
After a year of prayerful study, a capital campaign raised support for the largest building project in the history of CWC. A new elementary classroom wing, kitchen/commons, gymnasium, locker rooms and a performing arts stage were added, while remodeling created a new music room and practice rooms. In the fall of 2011, all students enrolled at Central Wisconsin Christian were now under one roof at our campus located on Fox Lake Road.
_1785425372.png)
2019-2023 - Modern Learning Centers Emerge
More classrooms were added to the Elementary wing to accommodate record enrollment. The Middle School wing expanded from 4 classrooms to 7 classrooms in 2019; and 7 classrooms to 10 classrooms in 2021. In 2022, more classroom space, a learning center and green space were added to the Elementary while the High School gained an AgProTech building, Collaboration Center, greenhouse and 3 new classrooms. With the addition, CWC added new programs including horticulture, robotics, coding, design and professional trades.

Late 1920’s - The Vision Begins
The Men’s Society of First Christian Reformed Church began a movement to bring Christian education to Waupun. With the Great Depression looming and concerns over the cost rising, the movement nearly died out. But a spark of faith remained.
1939 - The Mission is Organized
Rev. Conrad Veenstra of First Christian Reformed Church reorganized a society of parents “for the advancement of Christian instruction.” The committee drew up a constitution stating: “The Society is to provide Christian instruction for covenant children and youth of the community. The basis of instruction is the Word of God, interpreted according to the confessional standards of Reformed churches.”

Early 1940’s - Summer School Begins
The Society for Christian Education forged ahead. They began holding summer school sessions for half days for six weeks each summer, held in the old Lincoln School. The goal? To demonstrate Christ-centered education and establish a need in the Waupun community.

1945-1947 - A Plan Takes Shape
In early 1945, the Board bought land on McKinley Street and began to draw up plans for a three-room school.

1948 - Ground is Broken
After years of persistence, faith and planning, the Society breaks ground for its first school building. A group of Dutch immigrants used shovels and a plow to dig the original foundation. Today, third and fourth generation grandchildren of the men who dug our school’s foundation currently attend CWC.

1949 - Waupun Christian Grade School Opens
In September 1949, 104 students enrolled - exceeding expectations of the Board. Two years later, an additional three classrooms were added to support enrollment.
1957 - High School Begins
Under the leadership of Rev. John Byker and Rev. Harvey Baas, a Society for the Promotion of a Christian High School was formed. The first freshman class meets in one room of the Grade School. Classes later moved to the basement of First Christian Reformed Church while a high school building was constructed.

1958 - A High School Is Dedicated
Waupun and Randolph Christian Schools came together to build a Christian High School on Fox Lake Road. The land our school sits on today was given as a gift to the society for this purpose. As the school grew, additional classrooms, a kitchen and a gymnasium were added.

1971 - Facilities Expand
A major addition completed in 1971 included an industrial arts wing, strengthening hands-on learning opportunities for students.
_1785425520.png)
1997 - One Organization Is Formed
Central Wisconsin Christian High School and Waupun Christian School societies vote to merge into one organization. The merger marked the birth of a new building project - a 12 room addition to the original high school building. Grades 6-8 moved from the McKinley Street campus to the Fox Lake Road campus to ease overcrowding of the elementary building.

2009 - A New Vision Takes Shape
After a year of prayerful study, a capital campaign raised support for the largest building project in the history of CWC. A new elementary classroom wing, kitchen/commons, gymnasium, locker rooms and a performing arts stage were added, while remodeling created a new music room and practice rooms. In the fall of 2011, all students enrolled at Central Wisconsin Christian were now under one roof at our campus located on Fox Lake Road.
_1785425372.png)
2019-2023 - Modern Learning Centers Emerge
More classrooms were added to the Elementary wing to accommodate record enrollment. The Middle School wing expanded from 4 classrooms to 7 classrooms in 2019; and 7 classrooms to 10 classrooms in 2021. In 2022, more classroom space, a learning center and green space were added to the Elementary while the High School gained an AgProTech building, Collaboration Center, greenhouse and 3 new classrooms. With the addition, CWC added new programs including horticulture, robotics, coding, design and professional trades.
